For over 60 years, the JLNV has been investing in the community by providing grant funding to trusted community partners. The JLNV would like to support innovative projects or programs that will measurably improve the lives of children in our community by empowering them to make healthy food and lifestyle choices to reduce childhood obesity and its associated health issues.
2020-2021 Grant Recipients
The Junior League of Northern Virginia is pleased to announce its 2019-2020 League year grant recipients, who have been presented awards of funds and/or volunteer hours:
- Communities in Schools NOVA
- KEEN Greater DC
- Lorton Community Action Center
- The JK Community Farm
- Windy Hill Foundation
The JLNV invites you to submit a grant application. This application, the first step in the partnership selection process, will enable us to identify the type of partnership you seek; how it supports our focus areas of childhood obesity, nutrition, health and wellness; how you would use the JLNV’s volunteers; and the funds required to successfully run the program.
Please refer to the approximate timeline (below) for the Community Partnership application process. If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact the Community Grants Committee at email@example.com or call the JLNV office at 703-442-4163.
Grant Application Timeline
- Grant application opens: Friday, Dec. 11, 2020
- Virtual Information Session: Thursday, Jan. 28, 2021, from 12-12:45 p.m
- Application Due Date: Friday, Feb. 15, 2021
- Grantees Notified: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
- Grant Contracts Signed: April/May 2021
- Projects Begin: June 2021