Thank you for your interest in joining the 65 year legacy of the Junior League of Northern Virginia (JLNV)!
The JLNV is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. If you are at least 21 years old, live in the Washington, D.C., Metro area, and are enthusiastic about volunteering in your community and developing your potential as a leader, we hope you’ll consider joining our organization.
As a member of the JLNV, you’ll have access to a broad range of volunteer opportunities, make a real and lasting impact in our own community, and have the opportunity to network and make new friendships.
What are my requirements as a new member?
As a New Member, you must complete the following requirements over the course of your New Member period (January to June or August to December):
- Attend two New Member trainings
- Attend two General Membership Meetings (GMM) and/ or Small Group Meetings (SGM)
- Attend one social event or leadership training event
- Complete at least three hours of volunteering
- Participate in your committee placement throughout the year
- Pay new member fee of $355 ($305 Annual Dues plus a $50 New Member Course Fee) for Summer New Members; $202.50 ($152.50 Annual Dues plus a $50 New Member Course Fee) for Winter New Members.
When does the new member process begin, and when will I become an active member?
The Summer New Member Class begins in August and will officially become active members in January. The Winter New Member Class begins in January and will officially become active members in June with the start of the new League year.
We welcome all women who value our mission, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities. If you have any questions about membership within the JLNV, please reach out to our recruitment specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.